Saturday, September 5, 2009

My wife is on her way...

... finally.

We weren't able to make the journey to Portugal together (meaning on the same flight) and my poor wife and her fellow passengers had to endure 12 hours of airport hell yesterday (sitting on the airplane for two hours due to a mechanical delay, passengers then asked to depart the plane to wait for the mechanics to repair the problem, no answer as to when they would be leaving, waiting for a spare part to be flown in from another country, no effort to re-book, having the airline staff disappear for several hours because they couldn't provide any answers or alternative solutions, passengers told they would be leaving at 4 p.m. - which was seven hours after her original departure time, and finally... the flight was again delayed and then ultimately cancelled).

Not to minimize the 12 hours of waiting she endured at the airport I think the most frustrating aspect was the rudeness and poor customer service provided by the staff of the airline.

She was re-booked on a similar itinerary for today and though there was another hiccup involving the same airline I can thankfully say she is now on her way.

I won't mention the airline but I can assure you that she (and I) will not likely be flying that airline ever again...

I'm looking forward to her safe arrival.